Three years ago several members of Saskatoon Cycles attended the 2 nd International Winter Cycling Congress in Winnipeg. One of the social events was Bike the Moveable Feast which started in a pop up restaurant on the ice of the Red River.
A long narrow table with fur covered stumps and sumptuous smells greeted the guests. Appetizers were served by waiters who wore fur hats with dangly bits of tails and paws and offered tasty morsels on caribou antlers. We were hooked.
Where were we???
Coming back to Saskatoon that experience generated the first of four such “feasts” that have been organized here in our community since then. Each one has been unique and has attracted many repeat customers.
Some of the highlights have included:
- a cooking demonstration by Chef Jenni at the Farmer’s Market. “How to make a delicious beet hummus” that can be easily transported to a potluck on a bike. Recipe was included.
- unexpected dining in the back alley of Broadway behind Nosh and Calories, where the food looked as beautiful as it was delicious.
- the Odd Couple catered amazing appetizers upstairs in the Studio on 20th while the feast guests enjoyed viewing the work of some very talented artists from the community.
- Pecha Kucha at Le Relais at the end of the ride featured the travels of some adventurous cyclists who have had trips all over the world. They had 6 minutes to tell their story with no more than 20 slides while dessert was served.
Each ride hosts about 40 participants who are led to prearranged sites to enjoy delicious food. Rain or shine, guests have a one of a kind amazing experience.
The Nature City Festival 2017 has asked Saskatoon Cycles to organize a Bike the Moveable Feast this year with the theme “We Are Water”. Guaranteed to be fun!
We Are Water – Moveable Feast
- Saturday, May 27, 2017 at 5pm
- Meet at 5pm sharp at River Landing under the Traffic bridge.
- Enjoy a slow bicycle roll along the MVA as we discover the many hidden treasures of “We Are Water”.
- Delicious food served in unusual locations provided by Chef Jenni catering.
- Rain or shine. Gluten free/ vegetarian options. Bring your own utensils.
LIMITED tickets are available here!! $50/each
Invite your friends!
Hope you can come.