[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”no” equal_height_columns=”no” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” background_position=”center center” background_repeat=”no-repeat” fade=”no” background_parallax=”none” parallax_speed=”0.3″ video_aspect_ratio=”16:9″ video_loop=”yes” video_mute=”yes” overlay_opacity=”0.5″ border_style=”solid”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ layout=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” border_position=”all” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” center_content=”no” last=”no” min_height=”” hover_type=”none” link=””][fusion_text]
Upcoming Events in Saskatoon
- On March 23rd our besties at the Bridge City Bicycle Coop are hosting their annual Cycling Shorts film night!
- If you have unused bikes taking up space in your garage, you can donate them to Brunskill School to help them build a playground! Donations of bicycles can be dropped off at Brunskill School, located at 101 Wiggins Avenue on Friday, May 26th between 3:30pm and 8:00 pm. They will be holding their bike sale on Saturday, May 27th from 8:00 am to 2:00 p.m. if you’re looking for a new ride.
- The next Bike the Moveable Feast will be held on Saturday, May 27th as part of the Nature City Festival! Easy slow roll with lots of fun and food along the way! Tickets will be available next month and will be limited so watch for details at Saskatoon Cycles or Wild About Saskatoon – the theme this year is “We Are Water”.
- Saskatoon Cycles would like to thank some new volunteers recruited through our website and events! The more people we have to do little jobs the more successful we will be in accomplishing our advocacy goals within cycling community. If you would like to be involved please contact us through the website and we will be in touch to find a good fit for you! It’s a great way to meet some fun-loving people in your community!
- We are looking for a few creative volunteers to help us refresh the bicycles we use to advertise cycling events in Saskatoon! Let us know if you have some time and ideas!
Local Cycling News
- The Temperance Parklet has been created due to the road closure on 14th Street in front of D’Lish with a bike route through the parklet. A bike lane was painted by an enthusiastic cyclist on the asphalt but was taken out by the City because it “looked too official”. It was suggested a rainbow coloured bike lane would have been acceptable. On March 27th, the pilot project will be reviewed by City Council in order to determine the future of the road closure – you can support the parklet by signing the petition which is located in D’Lish by Tish!
- Ice Cycle was a great success thanks to Felipe Gomez sharing his stories about his winter cycling bike rides to northern Saskatchewan and the Arctic. Thank you Felipe for a great evening and for Ward 6 councillor Cynthia Block and her husband joining the activities! Thanks also to all those who participated, Crystal Parton, Dave Palibroda who helped with the ride, and the many volunteers who helped the evening run smoothly. We wish to give special thanks to EcoFriendly Sask who gave us a grant to support Felipe’s performance!
- Thanks to Ben Ralston for hosting a thoughtful discussion at Amigo’s on February 22nd on the first draft of Cycling Bylaw Reform for the City of Saskatoon. Saskatoon Cycles greatly appreciates the feedback that was provided by the members who reviewed the bylaws that were posted on the Saskatoon Cycles website here.
National Cycling News
- What the heck is a “sneckdown”? Glad you asked! You can see examples from Toronto here – perhaps we should start recording examples seen in Saskatoon!
- Check out these hot winter cycling tips from our friend Tom Babin!
International Cycling News
- Ever wonder how the Netherlands got their cycle paths?
Apply to email@example.com