Become a member!
Saskatoon Cycles members are recreational, commuting, utility and sport cyclists, pedestrians and motorists. Yes, folks who are primarily motorists are members too. Our member are anyone who agrees Saskatoon would be a better place to live, work, and get around if we had better transportation infrastructure. A really important part of that is separating vehicles, bicycles and pedestrians on different pathways.
However, it’s not a zero sum game. Providing cycling and pedestrian pathways, separate from motor vehicle roads, means more people cycle and walk. Obviously they won’t be driving a car, so there is less vehicle traffic, which is good for all the drivers. While at the same time, it’s actually safe, comfortable and convenient to ride your bike or walk to your destination, so more people will take the opportunity to do so.
It seems counter intuitive, but better cycling infrastructure makes the roads better for everyone.
And there is very strong evidence that it also improves the economy as well. People on bikes, similar to walkers, can stop at shops they pass much easier than someone in a vehicle, so they do!
We’re looking forward to having your voice join ours when we talk to all levels of government about the benefits of giving people green, efficient, healthy, energy effective options to get around Saskatoon.
Thank you for joining us in making Saskatoon a place where cycling is a viable, year-round mode of transportation that is safe, convenient, and comfortable for all ages! When you become a member you will receive periodic emails about Saskatoon Cycles’ activities and events and our monthly email newsletter.
MEMBERSHIP IN SASKATOON CYCLES
Saskatoon Cycles advocates for a Saskatoon where cycling is a viable, year-round mode of transportation that is safe, convenient, and comfortable for all ages.
Saskatoon Cycles envisions a future which includes
- a safe, convenient, comfortable and well maintained cycling network throughout the city that allows cyclists to go from every neighbourhood to key destinations
- cycling networks that have increased the efficiency of all modes of transportation
- residents of all ages safely, conveniently, and comfortably cycling year-round
- more cyclists using the cycling network every year
- respect and appreciation among users of all modes of transportation
- all transportation modes receiving balanced allocations of policy, financial and human resources
- broad recognition that cycling stimulates and enriches a healthy, economically vibrant, and creative city
- cyclists from all walks of life are seen everywhere in the city
- equity-deserving groups well represented as riders
- Infrastructure – A safe, convenient, comfortable and well maintained cycling network throughout the city that allows cyclists to go from every neighbourhood to key destinations
- Ridership – Educate, encourage, and promote cycling so more people choose bicycles as a convenient and safe transportation option year round.
- Culture – Educate, encourage, and promote diversity in ridership with respectful inclusion of all modes of transportation.
If you agree with our Mission, Vision and Priorities we look forward to you joining us.
Become a member the old-school way!
You can also become a member by downloading and completing the form in the Membership Brochure and mailing it to the address in the brochure. Or, you can drop it off at the Bike Valet or any other Saskatoon Cycles events. All are welcome.
Thank you for joining! Click the image below to download the Saskatoon Cycles Membership brochure.