Bike Valet Volunteer Opportunities – Please join us!
- Just click the links to choose a shift or two. Here’s what you will do as a Bike Valet Volunteer.
- Ride for Refuge – Saturday, September 23, 2023
- Cameco’s Step Up for Mental Health – Sunday, September 24, 2023
Sign up for our newsletter or follow us on social media for notifications about opportunities to volunteer.
ABOUT THE BIKE VALET
The Bike Valet provides safe, secure, and free (to riders) parking for bicycles at large festivals or other major community events.
Cyclists parking at the valet are greeted by attendants, and given a card with a number that matches the number on a tag attached to their bike. Bikes are then parked in a secure area, and returned to patrons upon the return of the card.
The Bike Valet is operated on a fee for service basis to festivals and events. For more information regarding available dates and fees, please contact the Bike Valet Coordinator via email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Bike Valet adds great value to any event!
Benefits to Event Organizers
- Increased attendance when the Bike Valet is promoted in the event advertising. The Bike Valet is anticipated and appreciated by non-motorized transportation users who often plan their attendance around the valet availability.
- Bike Valet graphics to use in your promotions.
- The Bike Valet is a turnkey operation. Just book the Bike Valet and all the work (setup, operation and take down) is done by Saskatoon Cycles.
- Reduces event staff needed to direct traffic. Reduced traffic congestion.
- Free promotion of your event to Saskatoon Cycle members.
- Convenient & free parking at the gate of your event. Attendees will not have to walk from a far off parking.
- Organizers receive an After Event Report with relevant information such as number of cycles parked, comments, input etc.
- Reduce bottlenecks & congestion on paths in the event area by giving security workers a location to direct cyclists, long boarders etc.
- Further reduce parking pressure by encouraging staff/volunteers to cycle. Unclaimed bikes can be delivered to the worker/volunteer if they are not able to pick it up before the Bike Valet closing time.
Benefits to Attendees
- Offers a safe, secure and tidy place for bikes and accessories to be left.
- Accepts all electric assisted or human powered transportation as well as bicycles. Trailers, skates, jogging strollers, etc. are all welcome.
- Encourages immense health benefits from cycling.
- Active.com actually recommends biking to a marathon as a warm up and cool down.
- Provides cycle repair supplies for minor repairs.
Benefits to Saskatoon
- Builds Saskatoon as a bike friendly city.
- Creates a “greener” city and reduces our carbon foot print.
- Increases health and reduces stress.
- Greater sociability, greater communication
- Less wear and tear on our streets
- Reduced vehicle pollution and traffic congestion
- Increased volunteerism
In 2022, the Bike Valet was at 9 festivals and parked 4,000 bikes. The Bike Valet is part of Saskatoon Cycles’ effort to promote active transportation safety, awareness and road sharing courtesy. The stakeholder, in all ways, is the community.
We are deeply appreciative of our major sponsor, Astro Towing!
To enquire about having the Bike Valet at your event, fill out the form below.
If you would like to have the Bike Valet at your event, here are some logs to help promote the free bike valet service to your guests!
Support the Bike Valet
Want to help support Saskatoon Cycles and the Bike Valet?
- We are a non-profit, volunteer run organization.
- The last full year for the Bike Valet we parked over 7,500 bikes and we look forward to parking more and more every year.
Sign up for a shift or two! Your energy and enthusiasm is what makes the Valet fun and effective!
City of Saskatoon support
We acknowledge the generous financial assistance of the City of Saskatoon for the 2022 Bike Valet. The city’s Environmental Grant encourages active transportation by helping us bring the Bike Valet to as many venues as possible for the 2022 festival/event season. We offer our many thanks to our local government for their support!