Saskatoon Cycles April 2017 Newsletter
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”no” equal_height_columns=”no” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” background_position=”center center” background_repeat=”no-repeat” fade=”no” background_parallax=”none” parallax_speed=”0.3″ video_aspect_ratio=”16:9″ video_loop=”yes” video_mute=”yes” overlay_opacity=”0.5″ border_style=”solid”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ layout=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” border_position=”all” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” center_content=”no” last=”no” min_height=”” hover_type=”none” link=””][fusion_text]
Upcoming Events in Saskatoon
- Jane’s Walk is coming up from May 5th to 7th! Check out the Saskatoon website for all the wonderful events planned for 2017 to help you explore and learn about your city!
- Saskatoon Cycles is excited to present Saskatoon’s fourth annual Bike To Work Day on Wednesday, May 17th, 2017! This year, Bike to Work Day will be part of Bike to Work YXE, a weeklong celebration of bicycles and bicycle commuting taking place from May 15th to 19th.
- In addition to a city-wide Bike to Work Day celebration of Commuter Stations providing grab-and-go refreshments, cycling info, and some fun on the way to work on May 17th, we aim to have at least one Commuter Station each day open each day of the week from 7 – 9 AM, as well as feature community events hosted by individuals, groups, and organizations throughout the week. Please stay tuned to the website for details!
- As part of the Bike Week YXE events – on May 15th from 12pm to 1pm, join a ride out of town (and back) for a Bicycling North send off! The ride will begin at the U of S Health Sciences building, go up Meewasin Valley, through to Wanuskewin, and then onwards north!
- Join GO for the much anticipated return of the Bike Rave – a Slow Roll with a twist! We will still be slow rolling for about an hour and will finish up underneath the South Bridge for some dancing! Feel free to dress up your bike with lights or glow sticks, paper flowers, streamers or whatever you like! Once again we are lucky to have DJ Das Record streaming the playlist right to your phone on the MIXLR app! Download the app, get your phones charged and bring your portable speaker if you have one!! Stay Tuned for the Playlist. Last year we had over 200 bikes on the road… let’s try for 300!
- If you are interested in getting involved by volunteering or hosting a Bike to Work Week YXE event, please contact us at email@example.com
- Bike Valet season will soon be upon us, and as always, Saskatoon Cycles is looking for volunteers! Please contact us if you’d like to get involved – we’d love to have you!
Local Cycling News
- Growing Forward! Shaping Saskatoon – In April 2016 Saskatoon City Council adopted the Growth Plan to Half a Million (GP2HM). As implementation is being discussed, we are encouraged to fill out the Corridor Planning Program Questionnaire. This initiative is the first step in implementing the growth plan and will serve as the foundation for growing our corridors.
- The City of Saskatoon is also holding Neighbourhood Traffic Reviews – you can find a full schedule and meeting minutes of previous reviews here
National Cycling News
- Canada Bikes was established in 2012 to encourage Canadian residents and visitors of all ages to cycle more often for transportation, recreation and touring by making cycling attractive, safe, accessible and convenient across the country. Its mandate is to significantly increase cycling infrastructure and ridership across Canada by providing a strong national presence and a reasoned voice for cycling. For example, Canada Bikes is advocating for a national cycling strategy and a national cycling and infrastructure fund. Saskatoon Cycles is a member of Canada Bikes, and individuals and business can also join. Cycling makes Canada better. Support Canada Bikes by becoming a member, making a donation or both at http://www.canadabikes.org
International Cycling News
- Wise and wonderful Copenhagen can teach us so much about cycling and healthy , sustainable communities!