Saskatoon Cycles September 2018 newsletter
“When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the ride you are taking.” ― Arthur Conan Doyle
Saskatoon Cycles News
- You may have seen some interesting bikes around (above) that can carry two passengers in the front. It is driven by a person who cycles behind with an electric assist. These bikes have been purchased by Luther Care for their residents at several sites in the city. Read more
- Success! Saskatoon Cycles applied for funds for the Winter City events and was approved for several events. Would you be interested in helping with a Bike to Work Day this Winter? Volunteers will be needed to make these events happen. Please contact us at email@example.com.
Upcoming Events and Volunteer Opportunities
- Thanks to everyone who supported the Bike Valet at the Fireworks festival last weekend. Upcoming Bike Valets are the Broadway Street Fair (Sep 8), Movie in the Park (Sep 8), and the new Traffic Bridge opening (Oct 2). To volunteer or for more information, please contact our Bike Valet Coordinator, Felipe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- September 8: Come and enjoy the 2nd edition of the YXE Cycle Show. The Cycle Show is organized in partnership with Bike Doctor, and the Broadway Street Fair, 10:00am to 5:00pm. The Show will be on Main Street, between Broadway Avenue and Bike Doctor, feature numerous bikes of all kinds, booths, shows, and games. If you wish to register one or several bicycles, please contact email@example.com
- September 20: BCBC AGM. If you are interested in running for a board position and would like more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- A million thanks to Matt Hamilton who has been a wonderful steward of our t-shirt inventory. Matt is moving away so we are looking for a new volunteer to take care of our inventory. Would you be willing to store these shirts and fill orders as they come in? The storage required is 15” x 20” x 23”. Orders will come to your email box infrequently. If you can think of a better way to sell them we would like to talk to you! Please contact email@example.com
Local Cycling News
- Do you struggle with keeping your bicycle clean throughout the seasons? Check out this creation by local year-round cyclist, Alex.
- #GetMyBikeBack: Please help the Saskatoon Police Service stop the epidemic of bike theft in this city. Register your bike at saskatoonpolice.ca
- Are there issues on your commute? Please contact the City if you have any concerns about the infrastructure that you find on your route. Feedback and/or words of affirmation can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Did you know you can submit a cycling event for the Saskatoon Cycles website calendar?
National/International Cycling News
- Places for Bikes survey. This online survey is open until November 15th. Please spread the word:
- Read: Why more urban cycling saves everyone money
- Read: Why New Bike Lanes Are Good For Everyone — Yes, Even Drivers
- Read: Biking to Work, Arriving in Style