Saskatoon Cycles News
- Grade 8 students from the Let’s Lead program looked after the bike valet for the Traffic Bridge opening. They were an enthusiastic group of young people who attracted Mayor Charlie Clark’s attention (photo above).
- You may have seen some interesting bikes around that can carry two passengers in the front. It is driven by a person who cycles behind with an electric assist. These bikes have been purchased by Luther Care for their residents at several sites in the city. Read more
- Success! Saskatoon Cycles applied for funds for the Winter City events and was approved for several events. Would you be interested in helping with a Bike to Work Day this Winter? Volunteers will be needed to make these events happen. Please contact us at email@example.com.
Upcoming Events and Volunteer Opportunities
- Our final bike valet of the season has come and gone, and we were thrilled to celebrate our fabulous volunteers this past Thursday evening with a windup at 9 Mile Legacy Brewing. Whether you were a volunteer or a customer of Bike Valet this summer, we are so grateful for your ongoing support!
- Big thanks also goes out to Astro Towing for their amazing support in moving our bike valet trailer all season long.
- November 22: Save the date for our Annual General Meeting. Several board positions will be available. If you are willing to let your name stand, or just want more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are seeking a few interested individuals to provide ideas and feedback on our upcoming website redesign. Please contact us at email@example.com.
- Thank you to Erin Edwards who has taken on the stewardship of the Saskatoon Cycles t-shirts. Orders that will be made through our website will be sent to her and if possible she will deliver by bike. She will keep track of our stock and advise the board of the need for new orders or creative sales events.
Local Cycling News
- Have you heard of Alinker? This Canadian-made “walking bike for an active lifestyle” came to the rescue when Brian was recovering from a femur fracture. Thanks Brian for providing the photo and information. We wish you much success on your ongoing recovery!
- On November 6th and 8th, Bus Rapid Transit will be holding Come and Go engagement events with the Downtown and Broadway Business Improvement Districts. If you have a business interest in these areas or are a resident, and would like to receive more information about these events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (306) 975-2475.
- Do you struggle with keeping your bicycle clean throughout the seasons? Check out this creation by local year-round cyclist, Alex.
- #GetMyBikeBack: Please help the Saskatoon Police Service stop the epidemic of bike theft in this city. Register your bike at saskatoonpolice.ca
- Are there issues on your commute? Please contact the City if you have any concerns about the infrastructure that you find on your route. Feedback and/or words of affirmation can be sent to email@example.com
- Did you know you can submit a cycling event for the Saskatoon Cycles website calendar?
National/International Cycling News
- The Winter Cycling Congress will be held in Calgary from February 6-9, 2019. To stay in the loop on updates as they are available, please join their mailing list: http://www.wintercycling.org/conferences
- The Places for Bikes survey is open until November 15th. Please spread the word: http://coronainsights.com/PlacesForBikesCommunitySurvey
- Read: Why more urban cycling saves everyone money
- Read: Why New Bike Lanes Are Good For Everyone — Yes, Even Drivers
- Read: Biking to Work, Arriving in Style