Upcoming Events in Saskatoon
- Our Bike Valet season is quickly coming to a close. Thanks to Astro Towing and Bruce’s Cycle Works for their generous sponsorship, and thanks to all our volunteers who helped out over the summer. Our volunteer appreciation party is coming up in October. Keep your eyes on your inbox for details to come.
- There are still two opportunities to enjoy Saskatoon events this year while parking your bike for free at our beloved Bike Valet. Check out The Word on the Street Festival taking place September 24th, and Light the Night Walk on September 30th (with easy access to enjoy Nuit Blanche too!)
- GO Slow Roll is taking a brief hiatus this month but will return with the fan favourite Skulls ride on October 13th. Check out the facebook event for all the details.
- Do you have your raffle tickets yet? Enter to win some amazing prizes through the Saskatoon Cycles 2017 Fundraising Raffle. Tickets available for sale through Saskatoon Cycles board members or at the Bike Valet at this summer’s festivals. The draw will be at our AGM on November 15. Check out this great interview on Global News about electric bikes.
- With fall approaching, it is time to start thinking about our Annual General Meeting on November 15th. Whether you are interested in letting your name stand for the Board of Directors, or to sit on one of our committees, we would love to have you
- Ice Cycle 2.0! Saskatoon Cycles has received a grant from the City Environment Department to organize and deliver several exciting new winter cycling initiatives for the upcoming winter. We require a few volunteers to move these events forward. Email email@example.com for more information
Local Cycling News
- Did you know that Saskatoon Cycles member and Bike to Work YXE organizer Meaghan Hackinen recently competed in the Trans Am Bike Race, during which she pedaled 6,900 kilometres, from Oregon to Virginia? Check out this article highlighting her impressive 24-day journey. Congrats Meaghan!
- Eric Lefol organized the first Cycling Show that was part of the Broadway Street Fair on September 9. Here he is standing in front of one of his “babies” – the one that he loves the most! It was a wonderful exhibition of all sorts of bikes from homemade cargo bikes to vintage racing bikes. We hope this is the beginning of some great cycling shows in the future. Thank you, Eric.
- We are proud to support the Saskatoon Police Service’s new initiative #GetMyBikeBack to combat and protect against bicycle theft. You can download the SPS Mobile App to record your bike’s serial number and other identifying information!
- Are there issues on your commute? Please contact the City if you have any concerns about the infrastructure that you find on your route. Feedback can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Did you know you can submit a cycling event for the Saskatoon Cycles website calendar?
National Cycling News
- Friendly reminder to register your bicycle serial number with the local police or if you’re lucky enough to find it in a pawn shop it may be a pricey reunion!