[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”no” equal_height_columns=”no” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” background_position=”center center” background_repeat=”no-repeat” fade=”no” background_parallax=”none” parallax_speed=”0.3″ video_aspect_ratio=”16:9″ video_loop=”yes” video_mute=”yes” overlay_opacity=”0.5″ border_style=”solid”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ layout=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” border_position=”all” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” center_content=”no” last=”no” min_height=”” hover_type=”none” link=””][fusion_text]
Upcoming Events in Saskatoon
- Winter Bike to Work Day is Friday, February 10th and GO is hosting a pop-up commuter station on the Corner of 4th and 21st Street. You can sign up for Winter bike to work day here.
- Ice Cycle is back! Mark your calendar for Saturday, February 25th. This year’s guest speaker is Felipe Gomez. Stay tuned to the website or facebook for more details.
- Saskatoon Cycles is a volunteer-based organization that survives on the fundraising efforts and donations from our membership. Please consider contributing today. Follow the Donate link on our homepage to be directed to PayPal.
- In an effort to increase our visibility and advocacy efforts, we’d love to have you sharing your positive cycling experiences on the twitter-verse. Feel free to tag @saskatooncycles and use the hashtag #yxebikes.
Local Cycling News
- Did you know you can submit a local cycling event to appear on the Saskatoon Cycles Events Calendar on our website? We are doing our best to list all the Saskatoon events, so be sure to let us know if you see something missing!
- Check this out! Our friends at the Bridge City Bicycle Co-op have initiated a Bike Diversion Project to ensure bikes end up back in the community and not the landfill!
National Cycling News
- Gordon Johns, a BC MP is circulating a petition for a national cycling strategy.
- A national cycling strategy is a great idea and badly needed……
International Cycling News
- The second annual community planning conference, MOMENTUM 2017 Planning Healthy Communities: Connecting the Pieces, is taking place on March 10th. More information about the conference, speakers, schedule, and to register here. Conference registration closes on February 23, 2017.
- Did you know Mexico City has almost 200 km of bike lanes?