Upcoming Events in Saskatoon
- Thanks to volunteer Trent Watts for putting up the winter fencing at the Fringe Festival’s bike valet. A four-foot fence, lots of bikes, and dark corners called for something to visually deter “bike shoppers”. We are so proud to boast about our amazing volunteers who put so much into the valet to provide a great bike parking experience for our community. You are gold. We truly appreciate your dedication and time.
- Broadway Street Fair is hosting the first ever Cycle Show in Saskatoon, where the community can showcase their bicycles and win awards! Email Hello@BroadwayYXE.com in order to request a registration form. There will be a $5 fee to reserve your spot.
- Do you have your raffle tickets yet? Enter to win some amazing prizes through the Saskatoon Cycles 2017 Fundraising Raffle. Tickets available for sale through Saskatoon Cycles board members or at the Bike Valet at this summer’s festivals. The draw will be at our AGM on November 15. Check out this great interview on Global News about electric bikes.
- The Bike Valet always needs volunteers for the amazing festivals and events held throughout the summer! Let us know if you’d like to help out!
- With fall approaching, it is time to start thinking about our Annual General Meeting on November 15th. Whether you are interested in letting your name stand for the Board of Directors, or to sit on one of our committees, we would love to have you
- Ice Cycle 2.0! Saskatoon Cycles has received a grant from the City Environment Department to organize and deliver several exciting new winter cycling initiatives for the upcoming winter. We require a few volunteers to move these events forward. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Local Cycling News
- Congratulations to Board Member, Lee Smith, who was recently appointed to the Active Transportation committee at the City.
- There’s been quite the buzz lately about the recent Cycling Bylaw reform. We are so grateful for the work of our members who spearheaded and/or contributed to the cause. We are thrilled to see the high level of interest in this topic right now. Check out some of the recent media coverage:
– CBC #1
– Canadian Cycling Magazine
– Global News
– The StarPhoenix (from February)
- We are proud to support the Saskatoon Police Service’s new initiative #GetMyBikeBack to combat and protect against bicycle theft. You can download the SPS Mobile App to record your bike’s serial number and other identifying information!
- Are there issues on your commute? Please contact the City if you have any concerns about the infrastructure that you find on your route. Feedback can be sent to email@example.com
- Did you know you can submit a cycling event for the Saskatoon Cycles website calendar?
National Cycling News
- Friendly reminder to register your bicycle serial number with the local police or if you’re lucky enough to find it in a pawn shop it may be a pricey reunion!