Get a good grip on your handlebars, Saskatoon, because Spring BYXE Week is coming up fast and it’s going to be an exciting bunch of days. We want you geared up and ready for ALL the fun!
From May 15 – 21, in partnership with the City of Saskatoon, we’re packing the week with adventures for riders of all ages. Every activity you document will generate entries for a variety of prizes, so be ready to take some selfies, collect some stickers, check off some boxes, and visit some sights; fortune will favour the bold and ambitious!
Here’s a condensed list of what you’ll want to watch for: (see links to our main, expanded page)
Saturday, May 13 – BYXE Week Kickoff Slow Roll
- 2PM – 4PM at the River Landing Fire Vessel
- A gently paced social ride along the Meewasin
- Snacks and fellowship provided, but you can bring your own too!
Wednesday, May 17 – Tutu Ride: Totally Rad Glow Roll
- 7PM at Spadina Crescent West and 17th Street West (across from the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 63)
- Not an official or sanctioned event by Saskatoon Cycles or the City of Saskatoon, this fun ride will offer a festive and chill atmosphere for all riders
- Tutus are NOT mandatory, but are encouraged!
Thursday, May 18 – Bike to Work Day
- 7AM – 9AM, assorted locations
- 4PM – 6PM, 9 Mile Legacy/Doug’s Spoke ‘N Sport
- One day event celebrating commuter cyclists, with participating businesses and organizations offering snacks, games, etc. to riders on their way to or from work (or play)
Saturday, May 20 – Saskatoon Cycles Tune-up Tent
- 1PM – 5PM, location TBD, pending City approval
- Pop-up tent to lube up squeaky chains, fill tires, adjust seats, and other quick fixes
- Follow our social media for location updates
All Week – Scavenger Hunt
- Our reliable “excuse list” to get out and explore the city, seeking out new spots, challenges, and objects to find
All Week – The NEW Great Saskatoon Bike Passport Adventure!!!
- Visit local shops to collect stickers for your passport, with each stop an entry for prizes, including a $500 gift card from Bike Doctor!
- No purchase required, but we want to familiarize you with great local shops while you complete the bicycle assembly
All Week – The QR Tour (expanded!)
- We’ve added four new spots to the “Full Cycle” of our “tech” tour of the city
- “Half” and “Family” options available
- Each QR map point will offer a neat view, location, or path for you to appreciate while offering clues to a master word search
Some activities have their own internal prize mechanisms, but EVERY selfie or group picture you post with your bike/s and the tag #BYXE (Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook) will count as an entry in our draws for door prizes and swag, and may earn you some social media cred as well! Just be sure to add #BYXE!
We hope you’ll have a ton of fun with this spring’s lineup. We’ve tried to create adventures for every age and cycling ability that can maybe nudge you into visiting a spot you’ve never been, or truly test your endurance limits. We ask that whatever activities you dive into, you do it safely and with consideration for other path users.
Every day is a great day to ride a bike. BYXE Week is a great time to celebrate this fact with the whole city!
Visit our BYXE Week webpage for more information: Spring 2023 BYXE Week