The Bike Valet is operated on a fee for service basis. For more information regarding available dates and fees, please contact the Bike Valet Coordinator via email – firstname.lastname@example.org or via the contact form below:
The Bike Valet adds great value to any event!
Click on the items below to learn more!
- Increased attendance when the Bike Valet is promoted in the event advertising. The Bike Valet is anticipated and appreciated by non-motorized transportation users who often plan their attendance around the valet availability.
- Bike Valet graphics to use in your promotions.
- The Bike Valet is a turnkey operation. Just book the Bike Valet and all the work (setup, operation and take down) is done by Saskatoon Cycles.
- Reduces event staff needed to direct traffic. Reduced traffic congestion.
- Free promotion of your event to Saskatoon Cycle members.
- Convenient & free parking at the gate of your event. Attendees will not have to walk from a far off parking.
- Organizers receive an After Event Report with relevant information such as number of cycles parked, comments, input etc.
- Reduce bottlenecks & congestion on paths in the event area by giving security workers a location to direct cyclists, long boarders etc.
- Further reduce parking pressure by encouraging staff/volunteers to cycle. Unclaimed bikes can be delivered to the worker/volunteer if they are not able to pick it up before the Bike Valet closing time.
- Offers a safe, secure and tidy place for bikes and accessories to be left.
- Accepts all electric assisted or human powered transportation as well as bicycles. Trailers, skates, jogging strollers, etc. are all welcome.
- Encourages immense health benefits from cycling.
- Active.com actually recommends biking to a marathon as a warm up and cool down.
- Provides cycle repair supplies for minor repairs.
- Builds Saskatoon as a bike friendly city.
- Creates a “greener” city and reduces our carbon foot print.
- Increases health and reduces stress.
- Greater sociability, greater communication
- Less wear and tear on our streets
- Reduced vehicle pollution and traffic congestion
- Increased volunteerism
In 2014, the Bike Valet was at over 20 events with over 7,000 non-motorized items parked. The Bike Valet is part of Saskatoon Cycles effort to promote active transportation safety, awareness and road sharing courtesy. The stakeholder, in all ways, is the community.
We are deeply appreciative of our major sponsors!
To enquire about having the Bike Valet at your event, fill out the form below.
Want to help support Saskatoon Cycles and the Bike Valet?
We are a non-profit, volunteer run organization.
Last year we parked over 7,500 bikes and we look forward to parking more and more every year.
But we can’t do it without your help!
If you would like to have the Bike Valet at your event, here are some docs to help promote the free bike valet service to your guests!
Let us know how you’re willing to help.
Below is a map of Bike Valet locations thought the 2015. Check back soon for updates on what events you can find the Bike Valet.